Here in North Carolina, we went from summer to winter to fall, in the past few months.
Last week it was really cold, this past weekend was warm in the low 70’s, and today it’s rainy and chilly again.
So, of course that means …. it’s COLD season!
And my sweet little Abigail has her first cold. It’s so sad to hear to cough and sneeze and know that we just have to wait it out.
Here’s my monkey at the doctor yesterday. At least they said her chest, ears, and throat were all sounding/looking good.
Plus she’s not running a fever, so I’m hoping it’ll move out pretty quickly.
Since Abigail is only 9 months old and can’t take cold/flu medicine (except Tylenol) I’ve been researching home remedies. Here’s some of what I found:
1. Little Colds Baby Rub — this is by the makers of Gripe Water, Little Tummies. It’s a vapor type rub that you apply to the chest, I also put it on her feet) at bedtime.
2. Humidifier — I also use one of the in Abigail’s room at night. Make sure you use a COLD MIST one, because it adds moisture in the air for winter stuffiness.
3. Steamy Bathroom — if you don’t want to go out and buy a humidifier, then turn on the shower (HOT water) and close the bathroom door. Take your child, along with some book/activities and sit in the steam for about 15 minutes.
4. SOUP! Of course this is the comfort food of choice for most people when they’re feeling under the weather.
5. REST, REST, REST. I know when I don’t feel good, all I want to is lay in the bed and cuddle up under my covers. Chances are, that’s what your kid wants too. My daughter just took a 2.5 hour nap and REFUSED to wake her up. Obviously that’s what her body needed.
I’m sure that everyone has their own remedies that they use when their children (or themselves) are sick. Feel free to share your ideas in a comment!
In her leopard print ;)